RdM Architecture Firm designed the two-story glass atrium resting on a formal Grecian like pedestal.
Asked to design something special and unique in this highly regulated office park – and of course within a tight budget, RdM Architecture craftily developed a two story 8,000 SF single tenant facility capable of being divided into four separate tenant spaces should the client/owner grow beyond its walls. Its street presence is prominent both day and night with the commanding colonnade and two-story glass atrium resting on a formal Grecian like pedestal.
- Working within the office park’s standards and covenants, the design pushes those requirements to achieve the client’s desire to make an architectural statement
- Two-story three-sided glass walled lobby greets all staff and clients with a special warm welcoming
- Along with typical office, conference, break room and workroom spaces the program also required a first-floor material storage room with a 10′ roll up garage door for forklift
- The challenging site was an awkward result of street realignment and utility R.O.W’s compounded by a significant slope, bad soils and even further by adjacent residential neighborhood setbacks and buffers
- Site design required extensive studies and best solution analysis of building orientation and configuration along to best manage cut, engineered soil replacement and deep pile foundation
- Lengthy connections to water and sanitary utilities, tractor trailer deliveries and detention were all part of the site design as well
- Potential multi-tenant access and separation required careful coordination of rated separation, restrooms and egress paths for an easy conversion
- Vertical space was included for a future trackless elevator