Mooresville, NC Restaurant with the look of a contemporary New York style bistro.
When the partners were asked to evaluate a new restaurant opportunity, RdM Architecture was there to support that effort with quick design, construction, schedule and financial services. An example of our IPD approach, success is evident on all levels as the project went from concept to opening in just over three months. At first glance, the 12,000 sf, two-story failed restaurant space, in a pleasingly historic building c.1888, appeared less than inviting and somewhat claustrophobic with dark tall back wood booths under a low hanging mezzanine, unfitting color patterns, and inexpensive contemporary lighting. Immediately the design team suggested removing the mezzanine to open up the space in pursuit of a bistro type atmosphere the may be found in Chicago or New York. Epic Chophouse quickly became an anchor to this historic downtown in Mooresville NC, Race City USA.
- Along with providing full architectural and engineering services, simultaneously provided interior design, construction and development services for this 300-seat venue
- Renovated with warmer wall and ceiling colors, darker stained wood columns to match throughout, redone 100-year old heart pine wood flooring, new upscale dimmable lighting to compliment the chophouse menu and provide both ambient and spot lighting
- Burned and patterned scored copper panels in combination with new wood trim moldings enhance and upgrade existing millwork and bar top
- New banquettes border the first and second floor dining rooms with exposed brick walls
- New oversized picture frames offer framework for revolving artwork and seasonal decorations while acoustic fabric within provides some sound absorbing qualities to this comfortable but lively space
- Collaborated with subcontractors to establish design detailing, minimize drawing time and expedite construction
- Original wood flooring and structural floor system removed and replaced with new concrete footings, steel columns and metal decking with concrete floor
- Coordinated owners vendors to complete construction work on schedule and budget
- Communicated closely with local and county building officials to complete permitting and inspections in a timely and efficient process