Asked to design a French Country style house of less than 6,000 SF in a prestige South Charlotte neighborhood, this home’s program eventually grew to about 8,000 SF with finished attic spaces and basement. The drive approach to the home weaves through luscious landscape and welcomes you to a slightly raised front porch used for impromptu neighborhood gatherings and relaxation. The 14:12 roof with dormers caps this gracious home and hides the second floor spaces making it more attached to its grounds. A service drive veers to the right off the main drive and through an arched opening, connects you to the 5-car garage auto court with a separate 2-car garage for additional storage. Designed in a U-shaped plan around the infinity pool, the great room, kitchen, master suite and mother-in-law suite all open onto the pool deck for resort style living.
- On about 2 acres off the 16th fairway of Carmel Country Club, this site was master planned by the firm
- Materials include warm brown field stone, copper metal roofing, complimentary painted siding and wood trim with beaded ceiling over the front porch
- Impressive 2-story foyer opening onto the great room and centered on the infinity pool; offers views to the neighborhood from the second story balcony
- First Floor massive master suite with closets – a separate built-in jewelry case – and marble tile bathrooms with rain shower and soaking tub
- First floor two-level game and theater room opens to the great room with a combination sliding and swinging doors for a continuous entertainment space and includes a wet bar and liquor storage
- A wine storage room with coolers and custom wrought iron gates is centered between the butlers serving room and dining room, gathering room and kitchen.
- Upstairs second floor accessed by a wide four and a half foot wide stair includes two more bedroom suites with full bathrooms, another entertainment room and excessive attic storage design for future build out if future owners are so inclined
- rear yard entertainment area is focused on the 20 x 40 infinity pool and deck with covered gathering spaces, fire place and stairs to a lower sitting area with pool waters falling into a collection pool creating a backdrop to this lower yard seating area and fire pit