Rio Oro Residence
Located on the shores of Lake Norman, this Cape Cod style family home feels warm and inviting while uniquely displaying unparallel views of the water.
Hired by a builder for this spec home on an irregular site that sat vacant far after the development was built out. RdM Architecture configured a delightful two-story New England style Cape Cod house of 2,200 SF taking advantage of the views of Lake Norman and its spectacular sunsets from almost every room in the house. At a target of $350,000 this home’s design incorporated a number of extras not found in a home of this price point.
- Outdoor stone patio and second story master bedroom balcony caressing the lake shore
- 2,200 SF, three bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, attached 2-car garage
- Octagonal shaped family room and upstairs master bedroom yielding surrounding views of the lake and shoreline
- Existing vertical egress serving the mezzanine were extended horizontally to satisfy and separate rated egress routes.
- Bay windows in the rear of the house help orient one to view of the lake from internal spaces
- Overall design and cost savings of the base home enabled the builder to provide a number of upgrades including cabinets, millwork, and flooring